The Józef Tischner Fellowships are open to all academic disciplines in the humanities and social sciences; a thematic relation to one of the Institute’s research fields is strongly encouraged. The Józef Tischner Fellows will be invited to spend a five-month term between January and December 2020 at the IWM.
Senior Visiting Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 4,000 per month, Junior Visiting Fellows EUR 2,000 per month to cover accommodation, living expenses, travel, health insurance and any incidentals related to their stay in Vienna. In addition, the IWM provides her/him with office space including access to internet, in-house research and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge. Travel grants of up to EUR 1,500 can be paid for project-related research trips.
Candidates for the Józef Tischner Junior Visiting Fellowships
- must be Polish citizens, Polish-American scholars or permanently reside in Poland
- must currently pursue their doctoral degree or have recently obtained a PhD
- must not be older than 35 years
Józef Tischner Senior Visiting Fellowships are granted by invitation only.
Applications have to be submitted via the online application form including the following documents:
- a concise research proposal in English (max. 8,000 characters incl. spaces)
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work
Please submit all your application materials as PDF files!
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for application was November 10, 2019. The next call will be announced in due time.
In cooperation with