Candidates for the fellowship
- must be Ukrainian citizens
- must be enrolled in a doctoral program at a Ukrainian institution of higher education or have recently obtained a PhD
- must not be older than 35 years*
The selected finalists will be invited to spend 6 months between July 2018 and June 2019 at the IWM to pursue their research projects. Junior Visiting Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 1,800 per month to cover accommodation, living expenses, travel, health insurance and any incidental costs related to their stay in Vienna.
In addition, the IWM provides fellows with office space including internet access, in-house research and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge. The fellows will join the scholarly community and participate in the activities of the Institute.
Applications must be submitted using the online application form and should include:
- a project proposal in English (max. 3 double-spaced pages) outlining:
- the academic problem(s) to be addressed
- the methods to be applied
- the resources to be consulted
- a curriculum vitae in English (max. 2 double-spaced pages)
- a list of publications
- two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work
Please submit all your application materials as PDF files!
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for application was March 18, 2018. The next call will be announced in due time.
The finalists will be selected by a jury of experts. Applicants will be notified of the jury’s decision in late spring 2018. The jury is not required to publicly justify its decisions.
* Andriy Sheptyts’kyi Senior Fellowships:
Senior Visiting Fellowships in this program which address outstanding international scholars in the fields of public ethics, religion and politics are granted by invitation only.