The Bronisław Geremek Fellowship aims to foster the study and reflection of Polish national heritage in the context of European tradition. The fellowships enable Polish senior and junior researchers to work on a research project of their own choice. The fellowships are open to all academic disciplines in the humanities and social sciences; research proposals related to one of the Institute’s main research fields are strongly encourage.
Bronisław Geremek Fellows will be invited to spend an academic year at the IWM to pursue their research projects. Senior Visiting Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 3,800 per month, Junior Visiting Fellows EUR 1,800 per month to cover accommodation, living expenses, travel, health insurance and incidentals related to their stay in Vienna.
In addition, the IWM provides the fellows with an office including access to internet, in-house research and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge. The fellows will join the scholarly community and participate in the activities of the Institute.
Candidates for the Bronisław Geremek Junior Visiting Fellowship
- must be Polish citizens or permanently reside in Poland
- must currently pursue a doctoral degree or have recently obtained a Ph.D. in any discipline in the humanities or social sciences
- must not be older than 35 years
Applications have to be submitted using the online
application form and should include:
- a concise research proposal in English (max.
8,000 characters incl. spaces) outlining
- the academic problem(s) addressed
- a critical consideration of current relevant literature
- the research goals and expected results
- a work and time schedule
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar
with the applicant’s academic work (for junior
Please submit all your application materials as PDF files!
Deadline for Application:
The next call will be announced in due time.
The finalists will be selected by a jury of experts
Funding provided by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education